class number: 23969
Spring 2008 (first day of class:
Tuesday/Thursday, 3:30 - 4:50pm, GACB 105
Syllabus Announcements (this page)
- The final exam is open-book and open-notes.
- Essay deadline is extended to May 4th, Sunday, 11:55pm.
- Lecture notes 19,20,21 posted.
- HW4 posted. It is due at 11:55pm, Monday, April 21st.
- HW3 graded. HW3 score and solution posted in WebCT.
- There are two important updates of
cse3302-spring-15.ppt and cse3302-spring-15.pdf. (Mentioned in email)
- Lecture notes 17 posted.
- MP2 posted. It is due at 11:55pm, Thursday, Apr. 3rd.
Essay assignment is posted. It is due at Thursday, May
1st, 11:55pm. You should start early and plan ahead. It requires some serious
reading and writing.
Note: The essay
assignment will count for the ABET requirements for written communication. You
must get a passing score (37.5) for the essay in order to satisfy
ABET requirement. If a student does not demonstrate timely achievement of the
assessment and would otherwise pass the course, then the student will receive a
grade of incomplete (I) for the course until such time when the assessment
instrument is satisfactorily complete. The student will be allowed to
re-attempt demonstration of satisfactory completion during the next offering of
- HW3 posted. It is due at 11:55pm, Tuesday, Mar. 18th.
- Midterm and MP1 score posted. You have one week to
request for regrading.
- Midterm solution posted in WebCT.
- Lecture notes 13 and 14 are posted.
- The sample midterm is posted in WebCT, under
- The slides for midterm review posted.
- The deadline of MP1 is postponed to 11:55pm, Saturday,
- The lecture notes 12 is posted.
- HW1 and HW2 solutions posted in WebCT.
- HW1 was returned to you at Feb. 21st and the score was
posted in WebCT. You get 1 week (till Feb. 28th) to request for a regrade
(go to Weimin He's office hours or email him at wmhe [at]
exchange.uta.edu). Before you request for regrading, make sure to compare
your answer with the solution. In your request, explicitly point out why
you think you should get more points. We will regrade every
question/component in the assignment, and the resulting score can be
either higher or lower than the original score. If you are not satisfied
by the regrade result, you may make petition to the instructor, and the
decision will be final.
- There is a minor change made to the
"Makefile" in MP1. If you downloaded the file before, please
download the latest version from WebCT.
- The lecture notes 11 is posted.
- The lecture notes 9 and 10 are posted.
- The lecture notes 8 (data types-II) are updated. They will
be cover in the lecture at Feb. 12th, starting from slide 15.
- HW2 is released at WebCT and is due at
11:55pm Central Time, Saturday, Feb. 23rd, 2008.
- The lecture notes 7 and 8 are posted on the schedule
- The lecture notes 6 are updated (slide # 17)
during the lecture today. Make sure to get the latest changes.
- The lecture notes 6 are posted on the schedule page.
- Some clarifying slides regarding
"dangling-else" are posted on schedule page. (dangling-else.ppt).
- The lecture notes 5 are posted on the schedule page.
- HW1 is posted in WebCT. It is due at 11:59pm
Central Time, Tuesday, February 5th, 2008.
- The lecture notes 4 are posted on the schedule page.
- HW0 is posted in WebCT. Follow the
instruction to finish it.
- Please post a test message in the "junk"
folder of the WebCT discussion group. The instructions are at http://crystal.uta.edu/~cli/cse3302/syllabus.htm#webct.
- The lecture notes 1,2,3 are posted on the schedule
- Welcome to CSE3302, Spring 2008!!!
- Please read the class syllabus
and lecture schedule, and ask now if you have
- Read the ethics
policies carefully and turn in a signed copy of the statement.
- Stay tuned and make sure to check this page frequently.
Important announcements will be posted here.